Product Development / Positioning
Arm & Hammer® Fridge Fresh
- An open box of Arm & Hammer® baking soda in the refrigerator has been a tradition among many American households.
- Research indicates there is resistance on the part of non-users based upon the lack of customization.
- Church & Dwight asked The Chambers Group to create and validate a series of Arm & Hammer® new products in two general categories…household and pet.
- Additionally, each concept should leverage the fresh / deodorizing Arm & Hammer® equity.
INITIAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT DELIVERABLES
- The Chambers Group using two 6.5 hour product development Connectics® sessions developed twelve new product concepts in each of the two categories.
- The first of many new product opportunities was identified and handed back to Chambers for positioning.
- It was determined that a unit customized to include a wall mount, a replacement indicator and a filter leveraging the A&H baking soda equity was valid.
- Chambers worked with twenty target consumers in a two and one-half hour Positioning Connectics® session.
- The following remarkable triggers were identified, allowing the new A&H Fridge Fresh to be powerfully positioned and successfully launched:
– Sub-Brand – “Fridge Fresh”
– Benefit Statement – “Eliminates Odors So Foods Taste Fresher Longer”
– Key Graphic – “Refrigerator identifying applications”
– Key Graphic – “Replacement Indicator”